Research has put the spotlight on the lack of evidence-based strategies and appropriate learning programs. Available curricula are often inconsistently implemented because it is cumbersome, or requires additional training. At the same time, research suggests that teachers who are supported and provided with highly structured, evidence-based instructional tools are better equipped to consistently provide important instruction to students with autism.
Based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy, Stages Learning’s Language Builder: Academic Readiness Intervention System (ARIS) weaves together evidence-based standards for quality autism education, whole child development, and alignment to national and individual state standards.
The curriculum offers a complete solution for special education teachers to better support kids in the classroom who have autism diagnosis, cognitive disabilities, or language delays. ARIS greatly reduces the time special education teachers spend pulling together appropriate curricula, lesson plans, assessments, parent support resources, and lesson materials to support their teaching.
ARIS combines the research-based Language Builder Picture Card sets with 202 detailed lesson plans, scope and sequence with structured sequence guide, photo stimulus materials, 3D manipulatives, blocks, behavior management system, reproducible activity sheets, parent communication aids, detailed implementation guide, and record keeping for the most compete early autism education curriculum available today.
Lessons are divided into seven learning categories. Each category is subdivided into more specific content categories. Within the categories are a collection of lessons.
- Approaches to Learning: These lessons help a student learn how to learn. The lessons provide a foundation for students to succeed in the rest of the program.
- Language: Lessons are designed to provide students with basic language concepts and skills to help them communicate with the world around them.
- Social Emotional: Provides concrete lessons to address CASEL’s five behavioral competencies.
- Functional Routines: Lessons address major functional routines required for children to accomplish self-care, as well as participate in typical family and classroom practices.
- Motor Skills: Lessons will support the development of the fine and gross motor skills which most typically developing children acquire prior to entering kindergarten.
- Reading and Writing Readiness: Lessons cover the range of concepts which students must learn as preparation to read and write language.
- Math Readiness: Lessons cover pre-mathematics concepts as well as some basic addition and subtraction.
With all your teaching tools conveniently assembled in one place, you have the most organized and easy to implement early autism and learning readiness classroom kit available.
Destination knowledge is committed to helping schools access tools to support student growth and success. To learn more about Language Builder: ARIS reach out to our team at email@example.com or call 800-889-4886.
Teia Hoover Baker is an educator, published author, and entrepreneur. She is an innovative, devoted educator whose career has been dedicated to coordinating programs that support struggling learners. Her passion is meeting students where they are and guiding them to excel. Her main focus is always what is best for children. Teia holds a Bachelor’s in Journalism and a Master’s of Education. In her spare time, she enjoys being Lovie to her growing grandchildren.